Wednesday, March 9, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Tablescape

Bright green shamrocks on a royal blue background.
 It's a square of fabric I had cut to size and then hemmed on the machine for a super cheap table square.
I did this with an Easter print too.
Brought in my two petunia pots. They are not meant for indoors, so I'll only use them a day or two and then rotate with other flower pots.
They are in a green trimmed Longaberger basket.
Portmeirion dishes as in previous posts, silver chargers, Mikasa's Park Lane crystal.
Green flame shaped candles.
Pitchers and covered sugar on an oval platter.
I think I'm starting to crave corned beef and cabbage. Anyone else?
Have a lucky day!
Cheers!

PS. I realized that I should be using my Waterford crystal from Ireland. What was I thinking?
So, I replaced  the Mikasa crystal stemware and candlesticks with my Waterford. 
Ice beverage and white wine 
Lismore pattern
A small change.
Our weekly table for two...done.
Waterford candlesticks
I then added a vintage hankie that is hand crotched in white and green as a handle gripper. 
the end!







13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous St Pat's table, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rita! What a neat twist on St. Patrick's Day decor!!! The royal blue really makes the green stand out!!! I think it's so funny that you actually changed out the crystal from Mikasa to Waterford for the occasion! I completely understand it, though! Make sure you join Cuisine Kathleen's St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl next week. Your entry will be a sure hit! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita.. well the Mikasa Parklane was gorgeous too. I loved your topper. green and blue are so wonderful and to find that combo for st. pat's.. well you really scored. the petunias are perfect for the table! loved the lace on the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love anything against royal blue ... but the shamrocks are just so special. Love the Portmeirion ... and the Lismore couldn't be more Irish! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table...blue/green, my favorite color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and festive! Those flowers are gorgeous and you are so lucky to be able to have flowers right now!!!!!!!!! I am envious!:):) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, it's just beautiful! You know I love your dishes! Love your napkins! You did a lovely job! Is the Mikasa crystal Park Lane? I used to buy it every year for my best friend, she now has tons of it! LOL! Love your Lismore, I have Tramore and you've inspired me to use it for St. Paddy's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and classy. I love Lismore and those candles are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The four leaf clovers paired with the pansies...so pretty! Lovely table! I used Lismore this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful table...your Waterford is gorgeous. To me nothing says Ireland like Waterford!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...a wonderful...beautiful...riot of colors. Great undercloth...sets a perfect mood and incorporates your Portmeirion so well. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fabric with 4leaf clovers is terrific! I tried finding one with shamrocks and couldn't in my area. I love your china too, your tble is amazing, so St Patts! Beautiful Waterford crystal, yeah, how did you almost forget?! The cute basket with pansies really gives it the real touch! The candle sticks are so elegant, actually, your tablescape is so pretty and elegant...I love elegant!
    I hope you visit me, you're welcome always.
    Have a nice weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really create a lot of uses of your Longaberger baskets. Some people just collect them but never use them. Have written down the name of those petunias..love them. This brand seems to be showing up a lot more in our garden centers, along with my favorite Proven Winners brands.

    Besides your dish pantry in the kitchen, you have another storage area for your dish sets?
    The cup hooks is a great idea. Where do you store your large service pieces, such a serving bowls and platters? Maybe I need to have a handyman make me some wood dividers where I can separate my seasonal dishes from others. Any ideas there?

    ReplyDelete