Sunday, September 11, 2011

Coming Home

sky over my house
Hearing the garage door open as he came home..... 
It's one of the little things Lisa Beamer misses about her husband Todd 
("let's roll!" on 9-11 flight over Pennsylvania).
Our days are made of these little moments and she encourages everyone 
to make the most of every day we have.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 From now on every single day find something beautiful to notice. It doesn't have to be something you see. It could be a scent, perhaps of freshly baked bread wafting out of someone's house, or the smell of coffee when you wake up, or it could be the sound of the breeze slightly rustling the leaves in the trees, or the way morning light catches one autumn leaf as it falls gently to the ground.

Please look for these things  and cherish them. Take pleasure in them. 
These are the "stuff" of life, the little things we are put here on earth to enjoy. 
The things we often take for granted.

Take notice of something special today. Go barefoot. Take a walk at sunset.
Really enjoy what you're eating or drinking. Feel the warm sun on your face.
 Look at the clouds.

Take notice of the welcome home moments, the sound of the front door opening, seeing your loved one's eyes light up and your pet's tails wagging when you come home.
drifting over the backyard lake
Be a witness in your life's moments. Really see, smell, hear and touch, 
and always listen for the garage door opening.

2 comments:

  1. I had a GREAT day today. Plans I had got changed so I took advantage of that and went to a store that I don't get to often and found GREAT bargains, then another store where I found some great Fall things. It is a beautiful ride to get there and I appreciated every minute! BTW, on my blogger dashboard it says there is a post by you called "how to make foamy soap" but then it says it doesn't exist???? I would LOVE to see that!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post! I feel the same way, about trying to notice the little things. Well said!

    ReplyDelete