Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Christmas Breakfast Table

The first rooms I always decorate for
Christmas are the kitchen and breakfast area.
That's where we spend a lot of time and I 
want to enjoy it right away.
 In the breakfast area, I changed the colors 
from blue and yellow to red and white.
 I covered the seat cushions with red checked
 pillowcases and added 2 candy striped
pillows and 2 quilted pillows to the backs.
I used a Longaberger Holly table overlay and
topped that a red table runner.
It has a green satin embroidered 
ribbon and bow border.
For the centerpiece I used a sleigh I found
 last year for $1 in a Texas thrift store.
I filled the sleigh with fresh poinsettias.
The red candles are trimmed with 
mini wreath bobeches.
 I got a dozen holly trimmed glasses 
in a North Carolina thrift store for $1.20.
The table square, pottery, glasses and 
vintage salt and pepper set are
 all in a holly pattern.
The Longaberger Christmas Holly tea set.
The Longaberger Christmas Holly pottery.
I always reset the table after breakfast.
So that come dinnertime
 It's time to light the candles.
 It's always ready, inviting, 
and relaxing when we sit for a meal.
I added a lighted garland to the breakfast 
area's window ledge.
I tucked in glass Kosta Boda snowballs.
I've had these for years, but only have 5 left.
 They hold votives.
 It's a favorite little corner at Christmas.
White lights and garland
so simple
yet such a cozy feeling.
 I can never get enough.
Lucy likes when the lights come on.
It's a good ending to a day.
(No matter what's going on in the rest of the
house during the decorating flurry!)

Cheers!

15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, and I LOVE the red/white, espicially the red/white checks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your table looks gorgeous. I love your breakfast area and your view is amaing. The red and white is beautiful, love the sleigh also. The lighted garland on the ledge is such a great idea. It looks beautiful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of using pillow cases for chair seat covers.. Great makeover. I love the kosta boda snowballs too. Cute cute sleigh.. love your breakfast table! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Red and white is just so Christmasey. You have a lovely breakfast area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great breakfast room. Love that you start decorating in a room where you spend lots of time. Why haven't I thought of that?! When the lights are added, especially around the ledge, it becomes magical. Thanks for posting. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun to have it all decked out like that I'd love you to add it to what we wore and made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I just love your dishes and sleigh.
    Merry Christmas! Your home looks warm and cozy.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the red and white, it's beautiful. Your breakfast room is so cozy! I know I'd enjoy a coffee or a glass of wine there! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful, very friendly and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your gorgeous cozy corner, Rita. The garland and lights are perfect there! You got some awesome thrift store deals as well!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your teaset and christmas china. What a find, the great christmas holly glassware and the price is too! Happy Tablescaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Rita! That is so smart to start in the room(s) where you spend the most time! I need to start doing that...although I think I spend most of my time in my office/studio, and nobody ever gets to go in there! The poinsettias in the sleigh are a great idea, too, and they look right at home. I love the snowball votives! I have never seen anything like that! They really do look icy!!! I hope you're have a blast with all the Christmas decorating! Enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your table!! I keep my table set as well. Looks more inviting and I am more apt to cook dinner knowing the table is all ready!

    I love looking at all your beautiful decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! I see why this is a favorite spot. Love the cozy feel of it all! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete