Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Living Room and Tree

The tree in the living room is 12 feet tall.
It reaches to the top of the tray ceiling.
It's the tree that gets all the sparkly
ornaments....gold, silver, white and crystal.
It has everything from my
collection of Waterford.
1988
to Dollar Store Snowflakes.
I have 12 days of Christmas
in the Waterford ornaments.
lovebirds
1981, the year we got married.
View into the living room from family room.
View from the foyer. 
Lighted wreath on room dividers.
There are several needlepoint stockings
still looking for a mantel.
End table with holly and Spode coasters.
The coffee table is topped with two cloches, 
a glass one and the birdcage cloche, 
that I found at the antiques mall
 mentioned in the previous post
Both are on silver trays. 
The birdcage cloche is filled with
silver trees.
The glass cloche is filled with crystal trees.
The sofa table.
Gold beads spill out of an antique cut crystal
biscuit barrel.
My little table is moved behind the other
couch during the re-arraging. 
A good beaded wreath is hung on the 
curtain tie-backs
I bring out my favorite antique quilt to drape
 across the back of the couch.
Looking up.
Lucy and the tree.
The last thing I do is to always check 
the view form the outside looking in. 
Do you do that too?

Cheers!

15 comments:

  1. stunning ~! yours is a truly beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is magnificent. I love all the decorations, and your overall decor. New follower. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tree is just beautiful! Love the sparkly and silver, and it looks like it has a gazillion lights on it. I LOVE the antique quilt that you use, too. All so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita! Oh, my goodness! Your tree is beautiful and your room is gorgeous! I love all of your lovely touches! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful, love all the crystal, glass and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is that gorgeous view from outside! Makes you want to go IN and look around! Thank you for allowing us to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! ALL OF IT! It's so warm and sparkling and beautiful!

    {visiting from Thrifty Decor Chick's Linky Party}

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG what a beautiful livingroom!!! Loveliness everywhere. I also just pinned it!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks stunning for every possible angle. Thanks for the pretty tour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room would be lovely any time of year, but it is a delight with all your holiday decor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that view from the outside looking in through the lead glass....breathtaking! Your tree is gorgeous, and I love the fact that you went for a 12-footer!!! I don't think I've ever seen this area of your home. It's beautiful!!! I love the lighted cabinets! My husband would be having a hissy fit over your beautiful Grandfather clock. He has always wanted one. Beautiful, Rita! I hope you are enjoying the season so far! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Christmas Decorating and Home! The cutest is the puppy! I have a collie, so I am a dog lover, too! The idea of the trees inside the bird cages and cloche is very creative and beautiful. Merry Christmas and Happy Tablescaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its looks GORGEOUS from outside!!!

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tree is absolutely stunning, and your home is beautiful. Ihank you so much for sharing your home with us. The playlist is wonderful.I truly enjoyed my tour and looking forward to many more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tree is so pretty and festive! Love those elegant ornaments and decors. It is so creative!

    Feel free to check out my Christmas tree decorating ideas as well when you get a chance ^__^

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete