Thursday, December 1, 2011

Snacks From My Childhood

I remember cream cheese on toast
 with hot cocoa.
My mother would make this for me.
It was the perfect 'after-school snack'
or 'come-in-from-the-cold' snack,
and 'before bedtime' snack.
I would make this for my daughter, 
and she would make it for her daughter.
 So, this afternoon when I wanted a little 
something, but couldn't put my finger on it
 I remembered this.
 Cream cheese on toast....
so simple and yet so satisfying.
My favorite cocoa mix made with hot milk.
I sat and remembered.

Cheers to all the Great Grandmothers, 
 Grandmothers, Daughters, Mothers
 and Great Granddaughters!


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear Rita, such memories you have, they're so sweet and now I love cream cheese on toast with coco, or coffee mostly...see, when I was a kid I was such a bad eater, so no memories for me! Wish I was still a bad eater, lol! Thanks for sharing and I love the mug. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cozy memories... My children Love our bagels with cream cheese, toast with lots of butter and jam!!! It's cold outside and might snow tonight. I think we will try your toast with cream cheese right now : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comfort food is crakers and milk. We all need something familiar when we don't really know exactly WHAT we want to eat!

    Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds perfect! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete