Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY (Personal) Bath Wipes

We're leaving on a road trip and I thought 
I'd share a little tip. Something I always make
 and take along for us to use whenever we 
are traveling in our van: 
personal bath wipes.
It's so easy to make your own personal bath
 wipes.These are great for road trips, 
camping, picnics, or anytime you aren't close 
to soap and water and need to freshen up. 
I always place a container in the bathroom
 at home too.
You'll need a 3qt container that's tall enough, 
about 6" to hold 1/2 cut roll of Bounty 
with a tight fitting lid
I had two old Rubbermaid #6 containers
 and a Tupperware snap-lid container. 
A large plastic coffee canister will work too.
Of course you'll need to decorate,
decoupage or paint it.
Cut the paper towel in half using a 
sharp (not serrated)  knife. 
Mix up the simple solution.
Pour the solution over the paper towel 
in the container.
 Once absorbed you can easily pull out the 
cardboard center. 
 Pull the first piece of paper towel from the center. 
 This will give you tons of wipes for pennies.
No more throwing your money down the toilet
...if you'll excuse the expression!

Personal Wipes
Baby-Adult-Bath
3 qt. container
1/2 roll Bounty paper towels
2 C warm water
1 T baby oil
1 T alcohol or witch hazel
1 t liquid baby soap (bath wash)
Cut a roll of Bounty in half with a sharp knife
Put the 1/2 roll  into a 3qt container.
Combine the solution. Pour over the towels.
Remove the cardboard core. 
Pull towels from the center. 
Keep tightly covered.
*you can also customize the ingredients to your liking.

These are so handy!

Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. What a great tip! With 8 grandchildren wipes are always on demand....

    Blessings,
    Betty @ Country charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that certainly is a neat idea! Thanks so much for sharing and I will be using this for
    our soon-to-be road trip visiting family.
    I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a thrifty and clever idea. Thanks so much for sharing this Rita. Certainly will be putting this handy idea to use. Safe travels on your road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant!
    Have fun on your trip :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great idea. Have a great trip. If you get a chance at some point, I would love it if you would link it on my blog hop on Wednesday.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, what a clever idea! You're like me; I will only buy Bounty Towels..I'm surprized that a serated knife will cut that roll of paper towels..I was wondering how you would cut it in half. Doesn't it leave a mess? Wonder if your husband's chop saw would have done the job in a flash without dulling the blade?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! We usually travel with our Yorkie and always can use these - also good at pit stops - take one with you to the rest room to disinfect toilet lid......Hate gas station bathrooms.

    I love your blog!

    -Carol (favoritethingsdecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, thank you! I hate how much they cost to buy so I will be doing this for sure!!! Did you PIN this??? Thanks again. XO, pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so going to use this. When I first started using those wipes, you know the ones, my friends and family made so much fun of me. Now even the husbands are carrying them in their vehicles. When I started they were really inexpensive, now not so much. I can't wait to make my own. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

  11. This is a really good read for me, I must say you put your best effort for this blog.
    clean room products singapore | clean roll stencil wipe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. Bath towel Supplier in USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have one quick question - why Baby wash instead of adult liquid soap?? I love this idea, would like to make them for adults to use when they can't take a shower, so can adult liquid soap be substituted for the baby wash or is there a specific reason why to use the Baby wash???

    ReplyDelete