Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Little Treasures and Identifying Meissen China

My friend Carole said she had a few little 
things she was getting rid of and thought I
  might want them. So after our next
 game of tennis I walked with her to her car.
She pulled these goodies out of her trunk. 
It was a real treasure trunk!
Meissen Porcelain China Plate...1934
Meissen plate markings
Meissen markings chart
Little random plates make great soap dishes,
 coasters, or just displayed on a plate stand.
Aynsley Bone China...England
Staffordshire China...England
Vintage plates make great jewelry catch-alls.
Limoges China...France~cobalt plate...
This one is going on My Great Wall of China.
My favorite way to use them is to 
hang them on the wall.
Limoges marking
cut crystal pitcher
A nice water pitcher on the table.

Vintage etched glasses for: wine, champagne,
 mousse, sherbet, etc.
When I got home that day, I called out to
 Larry to come see what I got!
 He said (a bit confused)
'I thought you went to play tennis.'
Yes! and I didn't even need to leave the 
neighborhood to came home with these
 little treasures. Thanks Carole!
Cheers!


11 comments:

  1. The generosity of friends can almost be overwhelming at times. These treasures couldn't be in better hands. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Rita, What a kind and generous friend Carole is, to have given you so many beautiful pieces. I especially love the Meissen.
    I love blue and white plates aswell and I display mine on the wall, just as you do. It is lovely to see these beautiful plates in one place, so you can enjoy them at a glance.... and you have some beautiful plates.
    The cut glass, well, it is just gorgeous.
    It is lovely to meet you Rita and I found you at Sherry's blog, No Minimalist Here. I have enjoyed my visit and I have become a new follower.
    I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! where you will be most welcome.
    Best Wishes to you,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure trove! Beautiful goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackpot! I do you believe you won the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why ever did she want to get rid of all those beautiful items?? All so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've got great friends. What a lucky day!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one great friend! Such beautiful items, Rita. I'm sure Carole feels good knowing that her gifts will be treasured by you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just looking at that Limoges cobalt plate is a spiritual experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweetheart your friend is, love all the wonderful treasures she gave you!!

    ReplyDelete