Sunday, June 23, 2013

My $70 Sofa

I patiently waited to find an IKEA Ektorp sofa
on craigslist for a great price. 
It paid off this weekend when I found 
this 1 year old IKEA sofa for $70!
 It was in great condition, but I did remove all
 the slipcovers and wash it anyway.
I love how easy the slipcovers
are to remove and wash. 
It's so clean and fresh smelling now.
Notice the before and after benches.
 The story of the first IKEA sofa 
I wanted to sell my 2 old white sofas on
craigslist because they were not comfortable
for us to sit in. The woman that bought one
of my sofas liked it so much she called
  weeks later and wanted the other one too.
 Realizing we would now be sofa-less 
I went to IKEA to check out their basic 
slipcovered sofas. Then  I thought...why not 
check out craigslist first. Lucky me, there was
 one for sale! When I called the number,
the lady recognized my voice and asked
...Rita?  Yes, who's this? It was the same
woman that wanted to buy my other sofa. 
What are the odds! We laughed and decided 
to just exchange sofas. Her IKEA sofa 
was brand new. She didn't like it as much as 
the first sofa she bought from me and hoped 
I hadn't sold the second one. 
 I arranged the room the same way I had
previously with my older too large sofas.
(see the room HERE.)
 The sofas are parallel with chairs at the end.
 I want to reupholster the two coral chairs. 
I need to find a fabric I like. 
 Toss on pillows...remove...toss on other
pillows. Repeat. 
 Arranged for now.
 Sofa table tweaking.
 Coffee table tweaking.
 More tweaking to come.
 The two benches at the other end will be
 getting slipcovers for the seat cushions
 to match the sofas, For now I'm just
covering them with matelasse pillow shams.
 Craigslist has been very good to me
 this year!
Cheers!

13 comments:

  1. Your room looks lovely and I love the sofá and wow..$70!!! Yes, you were lucky my friend, so happy for you. Have a nice week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, how fabulous that you were able to just swap with that lady on the second one. Amazing find. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, that's just beautiful. What are the chances that it would have worked out that way?! How fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, Your room is beautiful and what a deal on the sofa! Funny how this all worked out.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, what a coincidence and what a find! Love the blue and white colors and the coffee table arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita you lucky duck~! it looks great and it was obviously meant to be by the way it worked out.
    happy for both of ya..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story, and the way your room looks! The only sofas we see around here are OLD (not in a good way), ugly, and they still want 200 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got to say, this may be a Craig's List first! I love a white sofa! Wish I still had our old slip covered sofa!
    Cheers!,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a great job making your room pretty, and what a great price too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe the turnabouts of those sofas. Amazing what your pillows do to it!

    Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome deal! I scored the Ektorp on Craig last year for $150 and I thought that was a good deal. Your's was better!!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's hilarious that you ended up just swapping sofas. You should see if there are other things you want to trade with her. Your new sofa looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good post. Sometimes you can get a good deal on furniture through craigs. Thanks for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete